Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Greg Menke

Default safety reading glasses (was, " Grizzly tools Good or not so good?")

Grant Erwin writes:

Grizzly has safety reading glasses for a reasonable price of $10:
http://www.grizzly.com/products/H7195

Far as I'm concerned, eye protection is pretty much #1 in the budget-
not a big recurring cost in general. I'll cheap out on the paper
towels instead.

There isn't anything low quality about these, I was working with a guy
today who was wearing them. I have always used safety glasses in my shop
but now that I'm over 50 I can see fine work a lot easier with some
magnification, so I started buying safety glasses which have an integral
reading glass lens in them. Very handy, don't know why all the chain
stores don't sell 'em. I'm not sure I understand your point about
"cheaping out", Greg, can you please elaborate?

Its not a particularly useful point, just that for me the price of eye
protection is not the deciding factor. If the $10 glasses work and
aren't junky, then I'm all for it. I'm a little suprised that Grizzly
would sell something nice inexpensively but perhaps they got a good deal
on them too....

Gregm