Posted to uk.d-i-y
Callum Lindsay

Default brake problem on Dewalt DW708

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 22:52:28 GMT, Callum Lindsay wrote:

Having purchased a DeWalt DW708 for a good price three years ago, it has sat in the box virtually
untouched until this week, when I finally got round to the renovation work it had been purchased for
in the first place!

Anyway, after only a few days of very light use it has started acting-up. After releasing the power
switch the blade will continue to spin for several seconds, followed by a violent grinding sound as
the brake kicks in and brings the blade to a stop.

Has anyone any experience of this type of problem with this saw. Or, does anyone have any experience
of service support from DeWalt for tools well out of their warranty period, but barely used. I have
contacted them by email, but have yet to receive a reply.

The thought of having to have a potentially expensive repair done is not something I'm looking
forward to.

Any comments welcome (other than tough luck!)

thanks.

never mind - fixed it - blade working loose!!!