Posted to rec.woodworking
dnoyeB

Default Wood measurements

I bought some 3/4" plywood fir for a shelf in my cabinet. I was looking
for something to high the end bands. The store had lost of pine that
looked abuot right but it was 1/2". So I kept going in circles between
isles trying to find the 3/4" pine to put on the end of this plywood.
After about an hour I decided to just grap the piece that looked right.

Turns out the 1/2" solid wood is the same thickness as the 3/4" plywood.
This wouldn't be the first odd measurement I have found like 3/4 is
really 5/8... What am I missing here?

--
Thank you,