Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Gorman

Default dresser is done!

stoutman wrote:
Finally finished my dresser for my son (due at the end of this month). Most
people would have probably made a crib, but this is what SHE wanted. It is
of my own design (I'm not a big plans guy). It is made of maple and has
cherry drawer pulls that I made using two different bits on the router.

I learned a lot on this project and could make a pretty sizeable list of the
things I did wrong, but...

Let me know what you think.

Thanks to those that helped along the way!

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Dresser.htm

Nice work. Now pull out one of the drawers, line with a blanket or 2
and Presto, crib! For a few months anyway. It worked for our
grandkids, but I did make a cradle based on
http://www.jordanwoodboats.com/bt2.htm but the digital pictures I have
here don't show the cradle.
Joe
PS, it's best not to wait until the weekend before she's due to start
the cradle. It can cause you to be up at 1AM planing down the chines to
glue the bottom on in time to drive down the next(same) morning.