Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default new light bulb question

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 15:46:00 -0700, Random Netizen
wrote:

Not all CF bulbs are created equal, though - some take a few seconds to reach maximum
brightness, and some don't work as well at lower temperatures. Personally, I've had good

All true. And I don't think they give the broad range of frequencies
that incandescent lamps give. AIUI they just give the frequency that
the gas inside fluoresces at. Maybe there is more than one gas and
2 or 3 frequencies, although I haven't heard that, but 2 or 3 is still
too few.

Unless someone convinces me otherwise, I wouldn't want one to be the
sole source of light in a room, but I'm willing to use it for an
outdoor or close light where no one will be using it for long, or the
basement where there are two fixtures, and one has a regular bulb.

experiences with the CF bulbs made by Philips.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.