Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom

Default new light bulb question

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 14:42:20 -0500, "SeaKan"
wrote:

I want to get one of those new energy efficient light bulbs. question: my

Excellent, I use compact Fluorescent bulbs, and an added feature, I
rarely ever have to replace bulbs in my house.

light only takes 60 watts or less. Does that mean I could get a bulb higher
than 60 watts if it is one of the new ones? it uses less wattage, much
lower than 60.

Fluorescent are rated by power consumption too, like regular bulbs. If
the new bulb is less than 60 watts, then it uses less electricity.
Now what I think you're asking is, can you have a brighter one,
lumen's. The amount of light a bulb puts out is usually listed on the
box as lumen's. If you pickup a regular bulb you want to have
lighting an area, and then read it's lumen, you can then look for a
compatible fluorescent bulb that puts out the same amount of light.
Usually 1/4-1/3 the power consumption of a regular bulb.

hth, and ask for help at your local home improvement store.

tom @ www.FindMeShelter.com