Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Walmart

Gunner wrote:
On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 16:13:40 -0500, clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:

When a Toyota-provided short block throws a rod it's kind of hard to blame
anybody but Toyota for it.

Or the mechanic who installed it. In 10 years as Toyota dealer Service
Manager I NEVER saw a Toyota filter split, and never saw a 4M throw a
rod. I saw one or 2 camshaft problems on 4MGEs (using 5W30 oil) and
timing chains (ditto). Never saw ANY Toyota engine throw a rod except
from lack of oil. (filter gasket problem at lub shop, hole in oil pan
from road debris and "terminal neglect")

Toyota USA may have used a different "locally supplied" OEM
replacement filter than Canada did (Dana/Wix).

Locally here in California..I know of at least 10 R22 engines running
strong with at least 250,000 miles on the clock

My 22R only has @210K, but my mechanic assures me it'll last for a long
time...much to the chagrine of my wife ;-)