Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Stewart

Default Walmart

greybeard wrote:
"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
. ..

So I should just suck it up and drive a
car whose transmission dies in 45k miles?
Paid my dues there, twice.

I have had exactly one ford in all my years, won't have another one but
won't buy japcrap.

I don't have a *job*, I have a company,
a company that actually makes things,
and actually *exports* about 40% of what
it makes. So, balance-of-tradewise, I
think I earned the right to drive a Subaru.

And you sell your domestic market down the river? Brainboy! If I ain't got
the bucks, what ever little gidget you make, I ain't buying it. IMpossible
to understand? You have the right to drive any damn thing you want to, also
I have the right, when your domestic market dies, to not listen to you
whine.

But you didn't have any problem buying that HF
MIG welder? Where was it made? Probably China.
Is that ok and Japan not? Coulda saved a job
at Miller or Hobart...

BTW, for my business I only buy made-in-the-US
HP, Fluke or Tektronix test equipment. It's an
easy choice because their equipment is the best.

Show me a US car company that will build me a
AWD station wagon with a 5-speed transmission,
quiet and torquey opposed 4-cylinder engine
that will go 120,000 miles with no more than
scheduled maintainance for $24,000 and I'll
buy it.