Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Greg Menke

Default Grizzly tools Good or not so good?

Grant Erwin writes:

I didn't relieve their anxiety by telling them the error was almost
certainly in the cheap-ass chucks they used. Needless to say I left
there without buying a DP. I would have popped the chucks out an
directly indicated the spindle but they wouldn't let me, said that was
disassembling the machine. Snicker.

Yeah, take the chuck out and it'd be a week until the assembly guy came
around to reinstall it.

Grizzly has safety reading glasses for a reasonable price of $10:
http://www.grizzly.com/products/H7195

Far as I'm concerned, eye protection is pretty much #1 in the budget-
not a big recurring cost in general. I'll cheap out on the paper
towels instead.

Greg