Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default new light bulb question

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 14:42:20 -0500, "SeaKan"
wrote:

I want to get one of those new energy efficient light bulbs. question: my
light only takes 60 watts or less. Does that mean I could get a bulb higher
than 60 watts if it is one of the new ones?

The new ones aren't actually rated at 60 watts. Instead they are rated
at 15 watts with a statement that they give light equivalent to a 60
watt bulb.

Since their big advantage is that they use less electricity, it's
unlikely t hey will ever be labeled as using more electricity than
they use.

it uses less wattage, much
lower than 60.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let