Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Default Maytag neptune washer motor control board resistor values neededbadly, please!

I didn't purchase either of them, I picked them up from people who for
some reason decided it was better to spend $1000 on a new machine than
$200-$300 fixing the one they had, in all fairness, one of them was
quoted $450 to do the job but if you're handy with basic hand tools and
can read directions you can easily do the job yourself. The first one I
got about 6 months ago, the other was put into service in early January.
The colleague who gave me the motor kit had his machine repaired in late
2001 and he said it hasn't failed since. He has kids so it gets a lot of
use, seems the redesigned components did in fact fix the problem.

Oops, that must have been late 2002, I remember him explaining the whole
ordeal with the warranty service and I remember what we were doing in
work at the time but for some reason things get a bit blurry when it
comes to remembering what year it was. Maybe I'm getting old...