Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
clare at snyder.on.ca

Default Walmart

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 06:25:09 -0600, "greybeard"
wrote:

"Peter Wiley" wrote in message

I note you're moving from discussing engineering quality to
'touchy-feely' stuff. Wonder why that is?

When the body rots out very quickly, and I have seen many pieces of japcrap
with big holes rotted in them in less than five years, if you consider this
to be quality, please sell whatever you make to someone else, I don't want
it.

Never owned a mid seventies Ford, I see. Two years was doing good.

As for crap autos, leaving aside history, who built the Dodge Neon?
What a heap of junk, you could do 80+ on the interstate or you could
run the aircon but not both at the same time. Lucky for me is was a
hire-car. I swapped it for a Nissan Maxima.

Hmmm. 12k neon vs 30k jap suicide machine. nice comparison. Speed limit
here on the freeway is 70, don't know where you are, but please don't come
here. Poor drivers do get tickets in Wisconsin. Out of staters have to pay
before they can leave the patrol station.

Now they make outstanding autos, from
the POV of reliability, efficiency and longevity.

Some people are easily fooled.

Meanwhile, GM, Ford, Chrysler etc keep on making the same turgid
mediocre crap that they've been doing all along, while bitching about
the competition and how unfair it is that someone else can do it
better.

US automakers have for many years provided AFFORDABLE vehicles to the
American public that were acceptable quality. The nips decided they
couldn't get into that market, they make the same quality for much higher
prices and call them "luxury". However, I wouldn't complain at all if you
decided to take your whole family to japland and become jap. Then you too
can have your fishheads and rice every day.

Rich. (Who hates all things jap.)