Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
clare at snyder.on.ca

Default Walmart

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 23:44:16 +0000, Peter Wiley
wrote:

In article , greybeard
wrote:

"Bruce L. Bergman" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 03:00:34 -0500, "J. Clarke"

Taking /ANY/ 6K RPM Redline engine up to 10K or 12K will tend to
throw rods through the block - be it Toyota or Chevy. Having your
foot to the floor with the engine in gear and shifting into neutral to
rock the car, the overspeed fuel cut in the EFI can't react that fast.

Either that, or you're a UAW Troll. (Buy American!) Yeah, and
watch it depreciate twice as fast...

I have noticed, and so has my unhappy neighbor that is driving jap made
junk, that while the engines seem to have few problems, when they do, you're
getting off cheaper to dump it in the recycle bin and buy a new one. As per
neighbor's honda****, normal driving day to work and the car didn't make it,
cam is gone, cheaper to get another car than fix that one. His S-10 is
running nicely though. Hmmm. Seems jap cars aren't designed to be fixed,
just replaced at your cost. "Superior oriental engineering." Worse than
planned obsolescense.

Ah. That would explain the 290,000 on my Mitsubishi pickup, and the
226,000 on my Subaru AWD sedan. The Mits has had one clutch and a head
job, the Subaru one clutch and a set of front CV joints. No other mech
work other than routine maint.

There's a reason Japanese vehicles dominate the market, and it isn't
just purchase price.

PDW

You can take the "just" out .