Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Water Saving

wrote in message
ups.com...

Do you not notice these stories help to keep water prices as high as
poss, help to get politicos on the side of water metering and price
hikes, and condition the public to accept ever rising prices?

You are dead right. They want to keep paying dividends, when they should be
uprating the water infrastructure. Their view is stop them using lost of
water and tell them we don't have much at all.

They do the same with land, another natural resource. They tell us we don't
have land in the UK, when we have a land surplus. In a country of 60
million, only 7.5% is settled, and when green spaces are taken into account
only 2.5% is paved. Ramming us all into a small sector of the land hikes up
house prices as land is about 2/3 of the price of the average house. Just
what they want, a nice little (er massive) earner on our behalf.