Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Water Saving

Alex wrote:
wrote:

While this water saving drive may be a serious matter in Aus and other
water-problem territories, in UK we have more water than we need, so
much it doesnt need metering. People can water their gardens all they
want - and a few unfortuantely do - and we dont run out.

Sorry, but that's really not the case, at least in the south east. Our
reservoirs are getting very low, and there's a very real chance we will
run out. See the front page here for information:
http://www.southernwater.co.uk/

Alex

That page offered nothing at all to substantiate the alleged water
shortage. The reality is we have such an excess of water we can water
our gardens all day any day we want. We have masses more than we need.

Do you not notice these stories help to keep water prices as high as
poss, help to get politicos on the side of water metering and price
hikes, and condition the public to accept ever rising prices?

The day water gets short we'll adopt the aussie methods of
conservation. Aerators on taps, dangly things that only let water out
when your hand is right under the tap, "If its yellow its mellow, if
its brown flush it down" and so on.

We have so much we can and do throw lots away every day.

NT