Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Shoreline Electronics

Default Sony KV32S22 - half-way back from the dead - what now?

When you power the set on , do you hear the HV come up ( Static rush)

Are the filaments lighting on the CRT?

The only time CRT failures are common on these is when the set has alot of
hours on it.....like for the folks who leave it in all day long!

--
==========================
Jeff Stielau

========================

"b" wrote in message
oups.com...

J. Michael Milner wrote:
My 1997 vintage KV32S22 died completely during the final moments of the
AFC
playoff game last month. After reading this group and a bunch of
googles, I
decided to give repair a chance. A few minutes with a meter showed the
common failure mode of a shorted HOT (Q502) that killed the PS choppers
(Q601 &Q602) and the fusible resistor (R607). I replaced the failed
transistors with quality OEMs and R607 with a Sony OEM. I removed,
cleaned,
and resoldered the HDT. The set now powers up, responds to the remote
(on/off, channel up/down, volume, mute, etc.), and provides sound but no
picture. The standby blinks at a constant rate which I understand means
bus problem or IK issue. Since the remote functions, I'm assuming the
issue
is IK.

I don't have an Oscope but I'd like to continue down a repair path. If
the
IK issue is due to a bad tube (common on the 32" sets like mine) I guess
it
means a new TV. Any easy way to test this? If not, what do I check
next?
Any "most likely" part replacement for this condition?

Mike

if the picture was ok before the set died, then why do you think the
tube is suddenly to blame? I dont think that is likely. This could be
a missing voltage ( open resistor?) somewhere in or near the power
supply. did you move the crt neckboard? are all cables in the right
position after reassembly?
-B..