Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch

Default Ten ways to leave your local mentor, musing about takingcourse...

Thanks Joe, I think you have reached the stature that when I mention you
are an internet friend, I'm "name dropping".

Thanks robo, Disclaim all you want, but we could all learn a lot from
your demo, just as we have from your posts here.

Thanks for #11 Lobby, After WW2, FSCW (women) became FSU (co-ed). Those
"mature GIs" really shook up the existing faculty...the girls were very
happy.

Thanks Robert, Maybe you could make it look easy too...if you were
provided with selected wood blanks and the best of equipment to demo a
piece that you had turned hundreds of times before. Once I suggested
that our club host a willing expert with a sense of humor and have
him/her demo as in some of the member's real world...ie. in a phone
booth, turning a unrehearsed form from punky wood on a AMT lathe using
HF's bottom line tools. I was shouted down and not for the first time
either.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter