Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
greybeard

Default Walmart

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
. ..

So I should just suck it up and drive a
car whose transmission dies in 45k miles?
Paid my dues there, twice.

I have had exactly one ford in all my years, won't have another one but
won't buy japcrap.

I don't have a *job*, I have a company,
a company that actually makes things,
and actually *exports* about 40% of what
it makes. So, balance-of-tradewise, I
think I earned the right to drive a Subaru.

And you sell your domestic market down the river? Brainboy! If I ain't got
the bucks, what ever little gidget you make, I ain't buying it. IMpossible
to understand? You have the right to drive any damn thing you want to, also
I have the right, when your domestic market dies, to not listen to you
whine.

BTW, your 91 S-10 isn't giving anyone a
job. Why not live your words and trade it
in on a new model?

It's paid for, it runs good, gets good mileage. It's old, GM tried to
emulate the jap paint process, the paint is peeling, but it RELIABLY gets me
where I have to be and brings me back again. IT also doesn't feel like it's
trying to bend in the middle every time I make a turn. You got any reason I
should go into car payments again, I've had twelve years without one, any
excuse you come up with better be good. I don't worry about keeping an
"image", an image is just that, it says exactly nothing about the person.
More crudheads drive luxury cars than anything else, but their "image" looks
good to other crudheads. Fooling someone with common sense isn't so easy.

jap "quality" is also just an image. Turn the lights off and it ain't
there.

Rich.