Gnube

Default Hot Air Gun - recommendation?

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 10:29:00 +0100, "Mike Faithfull"
wrote:

"mike" wrote in message
. com...
Any recommendations as to a hot air gun brand / model ?

Woolies/B&Q £7.99 with tools
treat it like you would a disposable razor

Doesn't it burn your chin?

Desperate Dan used to use a blowlamp IIRC .....

I've owned a Deck & Blacker gun for about 10 years that does excellent
service as a barbecue lighter .....

Don't they just! ;O)

However The Sainsbury's "instant disposable barbecue" is immune to
even the heat guns attentions. You can get a good glow going but in
less than 2 minutes it's all but out again! Quite the worst barbecue
"kit" I have encountered so far, and I have tried quite a few now out
of curiosity. Still can't beat the real hibachi type thing, and proper
charcoal IMHO.

The Sainsbury's offering might well be improved by adding a few holes
in sensible places, but as delivered it is all but useless! I like to
evaluate them in their intended form rather than mod them as the
comparison results would be less meaningful if I did what I might
realise needed doing!

Current leader for fuel, convenience and value is the Tesco bag of
charcoal, in which you light the bag in a standard or original type
barby and let it get on with itself; I've found it produces
consistently good results.

Take Care,
Gnube