Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Water Softeners

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 14:04:37 +0000, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:43:18 GMT, (Sponix) wrote:

|On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:00:20 +0000, Andy Hall
|wrote:
|
|Umm... no.
|
|Umm..yes.
|
|There is more sodium in a slice of bread than several litres of
|softened water.
|
|It has a cumulative effect.

Salt/sodium is excreted in sweat at a very high rate,
Things are only cumulative when there is no or a very low excretion method.

When I was In Aden (South Yemen), we often ended up with Heat Exhaustion,
(low body salt levels). You drank a Coke and it immediately dripped off
your back, with added salt. Made you feel terrible. The cure was to eat
masses of salt tablets. Except for a few, who had to be casevaced to the
UK.

Part of that may have been the almost step rise in blood glucose level
from the sugary Coke followed by the almost as rapid downward plummet.

Having said that, electrolyte imbalance with fluid loss is a real
problem.

--

..andy