Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Water Saving

wrote in message
oups.com...

The sole reason for water saving _in Britain_ is cost reduction. If and
when there is a pipeline long enough to carry this water to dry
countries, that will change, but not today. For now the scare stories
about water reservoirs falling to 50% capacity are simply cost
reduction measures. Cost cutting is fair enough, and sensible, but the
talk of water crises in UK is simple hogwash. We are very wasteful of
water, and still have plenty.

If water was scarce they would make mandatory water saving measures:
rainwater harvesting, as in BenNeLux, aerated taps, low flush toilets, DHW
secondary circulation loops, etc. We do not. Most new installations have
taps that gush out water, toilets that use water excessively, etc.

I am in favour of water preserving measures, like taps, toilets, etc.
rainwater harvesting? We probably don't really need it.