Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Water Saving

wrote:
This topic is about water and saving it

As it used to be in the past, people used to use ample of water and not
care what will happen in the future. Today , my world , water is
declining and now most people are only allowed hand held watering and
total band of sprinklers.
Many people care about the world and so do I. Here are some tips iv'e
done to save water for the future
- Most agents used for the soil , potting and plants keep it moist for
a period of time( at least not everyday)
- If you water in the morning or late dark it will prevent evaporation
from the sun
- Pull out roots to prevent them absorbing all the moisture
- Sweep rather hose to help reduce your water bills
- Fill up your dishwasher before you turn it on
- Keep a bucket inside your shower to water your plant

Those are some of the ideas that helped reduce the usage of water.
Please give all comments or tips on what I have just written. thankyall

While this water saving drive may be a serious matter in Aus and other
water-problem territories, in UK we have more water than we need, so
much it doesnt need metering. People can water their gardens all they
want - and a few unfortuantely do - and we dont run out.

The sole reason for water saving _in Britain_ is cost reduction. If and
when there is a pipeline long enough to carry this water to dry
countries, that will change, but not today. For now the scare stories
about water reservoirs falling to 50% capacity are simply cost
reduction measures. Cost cutting is fair enough, and sensible, but the
talk of water crises in UK is simple hogwash. We are very wasteful of
water, and still have plenty.

Should we conserve water? Yes, but not for the reasons often offered.

NT