Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Peter Wiley

Default Walmart

In article , greybeard
wrote:

"Peter Wiley" wrote in message
. ..
In article , greybeard
wrote:

"Bruce L. Bergman" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 03:00:34 -0500, "J. Clarke"

Ah. That would explain the 290,000 on my Mitsubishi pickup, and the
226,000 on my Subaru AWD sedan. The Mits has had one clutch and a head
job, the Subaru one clutch and a set of front CV joints. No other mech
work other than routine maint.

Ah, yes. Admiral Mitchler was also fond of mitu****i products, his exact
praise,

"Jap planes still burn very well."

There's a reason Japanese vehicles dominate the market, and it isn't
just purchase price.

Highly paid, lying, ratfaced admen, that's why.

Ah. I see. It was those admen that made 2 autos that I've driven those
distances.

Lucky for you that Mitsubishi and Fuji don't have engineers building
vehicles isn't it?

I"ve looked at them, driven
a couple, they all feel like recycled beer cans that have been thinned down.

I note you're moving from discussing engineering quality to
'touchy-feely' stuff. Wonder why that is?

As for crap autos, leaving aside history, who built the Dodge Neon?
What a heap of junk, you could do 80+ on the interstate or you could
run the aircon but not both at the same time. Lucky for me is was a
hire-car. I swapped it for a Nissan Maxima.

They won't get any of my money. I don't buy jap crap, and I don't buy from
walmart, who has the distinction of the worst violator of labor law in the
US history. Quite an honor for them.

Ah. I see. There's another word for people like you. 'Sucker'. The
Japanese did indeed make crap autos. In the 60's. Then they made ok
autos. Then they made good autos. Now they make outstanding autos, from
the POV of reliability, efficiency and longevity.

Meanwhile, GM, Ford, Chrysler etc keep on making the same turgid
mediocre crap that they've been doing all along, while bitching about
the competition and how unfair it is that someone else can do it
better.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha.

PDW