Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Water Saving

wrote in message
oups.com...
This topic is about water and saving it

As it used to be in the past, people used to use ample of water and not
care what will happen in the future. Today , my world , water is
declining and now most people are only allowed hand held watering and
total band of sprinklers.

That's in lucky parts of the world where water is on tap. Many people have
to walk miles to collect dirty water and still only have as much for a day's
supply as many people here use to clean their teeth. And we're flushing our
waste with drinking water. It's not right.

Many people care about the world and so do I. Here are some tips iv'e
done to save water for the future
- Most agents used for the soil , potting and plants keep it moist for
a period of time( at least not everyday)
- If you water in the morning or late dark it will prevent evaporation
from the sun

If you use plants which are drought resistant that's even better.

We collect roof water in five butts to use for vegetables.

Lawns are a waste of space, time and energy as well as water.

Have a water meter fitted. If people pay directly for water they'll be more
caring.

- Fill up your dishwasher before you turn it on

I don't think that applies to dishwashers in UK.

- Keep a bucket inside your shower to water your plant

That's a good idea. I keep a bucket to fill with dead water when running the
first warm water of the morning. The water in the bucket is used to flush
the lavatory.

You don't need to shower every day as I've discovered recently, having had
toe surgery which has to be keptdry means that I've had to have a bowl wash.
It doesn't feel good but it's not the end of the world and has saved a lot
of water. It could be done every other day instead of having a daily shower.

Those are some of the ideas that helped reduce the usage of water.
Please give all comments or tips on what I have just written. thankyall

Water is precious, we should value it and not waste it.

Our local water supplier is VERY concerned about leaks, both major and
minor. The inspector comes round regularly to check the stop tap for
domestic leaks, if he detects any he alerts the householder.

Mary