Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Using old grout.

I know what the problem with the original tile job is, the underlayment
is flexing and causing the original grout to crack. That isn't may
main concern as I can continue to re grout the broken stuff from time
to time. It isn't that bad, maybe twice a year I have to chisle a
small spot out and replace it with new. My problem is that the
original bag of unused grout seems to have gone bad. Does unused grout
go bad? I mix up a little pot, let it sit for about ten minutes and
then apply it. The next week it can be dug out from between the tiles
with a car key. It apears to never have set up although it is hard and
dry there is no strength to it. It's more like plaster of parris but
softer. I guess I should just break down and go looking for some new
grout but this stuf is pink and probably hard to find. Also I can't
believe grout has an experation date but I guess it does. This stuff
has begun to clump and I have to sift it before mixing to get the lumps
out.