Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RWL

Default Walmart

There's a reason Japanese vehicles dominate the market, and it isn't
just purchase price.

They make a very good first impression. Then people stick to them no matter
how bad it gets, just like a battered spouse.

I'm in the market to replace my 13 year old Toyota pickup. Has
something changed? The pickup has 148,000 miles on it and runs well,
but with that mileage it's beginning to nickel and dime us. We also
have two Subarus and they both run well and are holding up well from a
body standpoint. The summaries at Consumer Reports still show Toyotas
holding up better than most American vehicles.

RWL