Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Moving duct work - interior partitionl removal project

zephyr wrote:
Hey all,

I have a kitchen and living room separated by a load bearing wall
that has 3 ducts and 1 cold air return running thru it.
I'd like to remove the wall and put in a beam. The new beam and the
wall removal I can deal with, but,
moving duct work is going to be a new challenge.

Pardon me for asking, but I am only trying to keep someone out of
trouble and I don't know your qualifications.

You seem unsure of moving ducts, but feel good about removing a load
bearing wall. Do you have experience as an engineer? Guessing on this job
is not a good thing.

I am not sure what others will recommend here, but I suggest employing a
HVAC professional that will do the math for you and make sure your ducts as
planed and air handling capacity you have will handle it. No getting it
right now, can be very expensive later to correct. Almost as expensive as
the damage caused by making a mistake on the load bearing wall.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit