Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Default Maytag neptune washer motor control board resistor values neededbadly, please!

I've also replaced the machine control board and the door lock assembly.
The one thing I really hate about that model of Neptune is the stupid
wax motor that Maytag used in the door lock which when it fails burns
out a resistor on the control board about 50% or the time.

It burns out the triac which controls it, which also takes out the
resistor. Fortunately about $1 worth of parts fixes it, I use a much
more robust 600V 10A TO-220 case triac in place of the little plastic
TO-92 300mA 400V one.