Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
J. Clarke

Default Walmart

John Normile wrote:

Same experience with a Camry, bought new. Engine bearings and oil
pump shot at 55,000 miles and a transmission failure at 81,000.

My Fords and GM's would nickle and dime you, but I NEVER spent more
than a few hundred on repairs, not like the thousands on the Toy.

Yup. Same here. Had two Japanese vehicles, never want another. Shame,
while they're running they seem to be really nice.

"Oh What a Feeling"

John Normile

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 10:33:41 -0500, "J. Clarke"
wrote:
ROF,L. I got a Toyota once. It only needed one scheduled maintenance
item--every 10,000 miles you replaced the engine. First time the (Toyota
OEM) oil filter blew up and it wiped the bearings before I could get it
stopped. Second time it threw a rod driving down the road at 35 mph.
Third time I didn't even look, just donated the remains to the local high
school shop and got an ironblock Chevy that never gave me any grief at
all.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate