Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Normile

Default Walmart

Same experience with a Camry, bought new. Engine bearings and oil
pump shot at 55,000 miles and a transmission failure at 81,000.

My Fords and GM's would nickle and dime you, but I NEVER spent more
than a few hundred on repairs, not like the thousands on the Toy.

"Oh What a Feeling"

John Normile

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 10:33:41 -0500, "J. Clarke"
wrote:
ROF,L. I got a Toyota once. It only needed one scheduled maintenance
item--every 10,000 miles you replaced the engine. First time the (Toyota
OEM) oil filter blew up and it wiped the bearings before I could get it
stopped. Second time it threw a rod driving down the road at 35 mph.
Third time I didn't even look, just donated the remains to the local high
school shop and got an ironblock Chevy that never gave me any grief at all.