Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
J. Clarke

Default Walmart

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 03:00:34 -0500, "J. Clarke"
wrote:
~Roy~ wrote:

No luck about it. Toyota is a quality made vehicle.

Yup, that it is. LOW quality.

When you say water
leaks are inmaterial, well in your opinion perhaps, but when its
numerous times and its eroding internals like the bearins etc due to
coolant and oils getting mixed and the bearings eroded, it matter not
if an engine throws a rod or screws up a crank and lots of other stuff
in the process...due to plastic manifolds and water leaks..........

A water leak doesn't leave you stranded by the side of the road at 2 AM in
blizzard. At least not unless you're a real idiot.

Let's see, now we're getting an actual fact - 2 AM in a blizzard...
You didn't happen to be stuck in the snow at the time and zinged the
engine trying to get unstuck, did you? And then you put in a new
engine, did it again, and didn't make the connection?

Uh, what part of "driving 35 miles an hour" did you not understand? You are
also assuming a variety of facts not in evidence.

Next time try a snow shovel first, so you can get a running start.

Taking /ANY/ 6K RPM Redline engine up to 10K or 12K will tend to
throw rods through the block - be it Toyota or Chevy. Having your
foot to the floor with the engine in gear and shifting into neutral to
rock the car, the overspeed fuel cut in the EFI can't react that fast.

Well, all of that is very interesting, but it is really raising a strawman,
since the events in question did not occur in conditions that even slightly
resembled your scenario, and specifically the description of the
circumstances surrounding the thrown rod would preclude that situation.

Either that, or you're a UAW Troll. (Buy American!) Yeah, and
watch it depreciate twice as fast...

Or maybe Toyotas are just crap?

Why are you so upset at the notion that Toyotas are poorly made? Are you a
Toyota salesman, or one of those morons who develops a close personal
attachment to a very ordinary car, or what?

If you want to drive a Toyota be my guest. But don't come crying to me when
it blows up on you.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate