Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C

Default Electricity Export Regulations

wrote:
Theres always the option of simply 2 meters in series, types that only
turn one way, with them facing in opposite directions. One will read
import, the other export.

Maybe not relevant, because for this type of application they might be
other meters and measuring devices that I don't know about (er, not my
field - guv), but I recently did a little web research into the Model
Type '5196' electronic meter gizmo the supply company installed under
the stairs; mainly to investigate possibilities remote reading of the
device via the IEC 1107 optical port - actually covered in an
electronics magazine (Elektor) article.

This company, Energy Controls http://www.econtrols.co.uk manufactures
a range of electronic meters - the single phase kWh Meter, which do
detect (for the benefit of fraud protection) and measure energy passed
in the export direction. This might be useful to the OP?

--
Adrian C