Posted to rec.woodworking
Lowell Holmes

Default New Clifton Chip Breaker - Old Stanley Screw Won't Fit

"Ted Franklin" wrote in message
nk.net...
... and Clifton, unlike Hock and Lie Nielsen does not include the courtesy
screw with its $30 chip breaker. The old screw is too big, seems like I
will strip the threads on the screw or the new chip breaker if I force it.
I tried the chip breaker screw from another Stanley plane and ... same
problem. I can't find anything about this problem amid numerous comments
praising the Clifton chip breaker. Any ideas? The only chipbreaker screw
I've been able to find for sale on its own is a part sold by Highland
Hardware for repairing "bench planes." I suspect this is the same as the
Stanley screws I've got already. Am I missing something?

I am puzzled. I have three Stanley's with Hock Irons and Clifton Breakers.
All of the breakers came with the Clifton screw. They will fit Bailey's as
well as Bedrocks. Clifton must have changed their marketing policies.