Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James T. White

Default Maytag neptune washer motor control board resistor values needed badly, please!

"P Boy" wrote in message
oups.com
James,

So far, I am unable to locate my IC8, which is only available by
distributors with minimum order of $150. IR2101 is available in
digikey.com though.

I further discovered that my C18 (47nJ100) and IC3 (IR2101 0048), both
are connected to R35, might have been damaged also.

I am thinking about getting the motor conversion kit, and have a few
more questions.

1. Did you buy the motor conversion kit or just the control board?

The replacement motor controller board came with a new motor cable
assembly. The only differnce I could see was that the new cable
assembly was about 3 inches longer than the old one.

2. Did you install it yourself or repair-man? Reason for this is
regarding warranty.

I did the repairs my self and didn't worry about the warranty.

3. Did you replace any other parts such as door lock assembly, machine
control board, etc?

I've also replaced the machine control board and the door lock assembly.
The one thing I really hate about that model of Neptune is the stupid
wax motor that Maytag used in the door lock which when it fails burns
out a resistor on the control board about 50% or the time.

4. How long have you had your machine fixed?

Last repair was about 3 years ago and it has been working fine since.

5. Have you had any other problems since then?

Only with mildew on the rubber seal at the front of the tub. That is
taken care of by spraying every couple of weeks with Tilex or Chlorox.
There is also a bit of rust on the inside of the case near the water
fill.

Regards,
P Boy

--