Posted to alt.electronics
Henry

Default microcontroller flash memory question

Here is some information I got from an old friend that now works at a
robotics lab. I asked my question in other places.

*****
I don't program, so I don't use these. Older small robot projects used the
basic stamp; they are apparently simple to program but not very fast. PIC
controllers are used in several of my more complex robots, but I hear
grumbling every time some grad student needs to write code that talks to
them. (Admittedly, if they are writing code at that level, it *isn't* what
they are doing research on, it is just to get the robots to work; the
students I work with are doing research on planners, not actuators.)
*****

Now that has some useful, real experience, type information that you dont
find on manufacturers web sites.

Henry