Posted to alt.electronics
Henry

Default microcontroller flash memory question

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 15:58:56 -0500, Henry wrote:
"Rich Grise" wrote in message

Some of these links might help:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ycles+lifetime

Another thing you could do is write your firmware better, so you don't
have to take so many debug cycles. :-)

I propose that just answering with a Google search be a new

net-etiquette
rule. First Google searches tend to be filled with a list of sites where

one
site is just a copy of another (sometimes exact copy) over and over

again.
And if its bad information, you simply get the same bad information

repeated
over and over. And there are lots of information that simply is not on
Google. Its also just obnoxious.

No, what's obnoxious is googlegroupies waltzing into the newsgroup (which
existed a long time before google was even a gleam in what's-his-name's
eye), demanding answers to questions that could have already been answered
if the kiddie had bothered to check the left side of google first.

If you're too lazy/stubborn to even do that minuscule amount of research,
then you simply don't deserve that kind of hand-holding from people who do
know their elbow from a hole in the ground.

Thanks,
Rich

First of all I am not completely sure I understand some of your message.

Yes, Google is recent. I have been on the Internet long before there was the
WWW, when the newsgroups were some of the best ways to get information that
was otherwise difficult to find. I dont find Google all that useful. There
is too much repeated and sometimes bad information out there. Rich, are you
referring to yourself as the "googlegroupy?" Because it was you that posted
the Google search link, not me. I dont know about you, but I was in college
back when the Internet was only experimental protocols like Bitnet.

Now, on another discussion list I did got some "off the record" type
information that is somewhat useful from an old friend that now works at
CMU's robotics lab. I will share that comment in another post.

About the rest of your reply, well you assume far too much and I am not even
going to waist anymore of my time with you. You want to act like a child,
then I will ignore you like one.

Henry