Posted to rec.woodworking
darkon

Default Lay out a sine curve?

Guess who wrote:

On 18 Feb 2006 06:59:47 -0800, wrote:

I'm making a wine rack:

http://www.uniqueprojects.com/projec...k/winerack.htm

and I was wondering how to lay out that sine curve on the piece
of wood to cut it.

For future reference, if you want a real sine curve, and not an
approximation [within the bounds of the tools and shaky hands]
use a math program like Graphmatica, then copy/paste into a word
processor or image editor for printing to the scale you
want/need.

[snip]

Or, any basic trig text shows how to draw it from the unit
circle.

That's what I was going to suggest. It's easy, and you can easily
scale the sine curve as large or small as you like by choosing an
appropriately-sized circle. Since all that's required is a compass
and straightedge you don't even have to leave the shop.