Posted to rec.woodworking
Ted Franklin

Default New Clifton Chip Breaker - Old Stanley Screw Won't Fit

.... and Clifton, unlike Hock and Lie Nielsen does not include the courtesy
screw with its $30 chip breaker. The old screw is too big, seems like I
will strip the threads on the screw or the new chip breaker if I force it.
I tried the chip breaker screw from another Stanley plane and ... same
problem. I can't find anything about this problem amid numerous comments
praising the Clifton chip breaker. Any ideas? The only chipbreaker screw
I've been able to find for sale on its own is a part sold by Highland
Hardware for repairing "bench planes." I suspect this is the same as the
Stanley screws I've got already. Am I missing something?