Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grant Erwin

Default I invented a new tool (maybe)

wrote:
The other day I wanted to bend some 3/16 copper tubing to a 1/4"
radius. I don't have a tubing bender so I turned down the end of an
aluminum bar to 1/2" and I parted it off to a thickness of about .190".
I laid the tube in my milling machine vise, placed the disk down on top
and tightened the vise, then I bent the tube around the disk to the
desired angle. The vise jaws kept the tube from flattening.
one of the advantages is that disks can be quickly made to handle a
wide range of radii and tube sizes.
Has anyone heard of this before? Should I call a patent attorney? (80)

Engineman

It's too late for a patent, you already released the information on a public
forum. Nice idea, though.

GWE