Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
pyotr filipivich

Default quick treatment for burns was Guess the cause of the accident?

Okay, so I'm late and catching up, but "Tom Miller"
wrote on Sat, 18 Feb 2006 23:38:32 +1100 in
rec.crafts.metalworking :

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in
It is interesting the number of tool boxes on
the floor with at least a
box of bandages in them. Mine are in the top
compartment. Tend to "be in
the way" but, but I know where they are.

I've got a spray can of "instant bandaid" on a
shelf over my workbench. I hate it when the usual
minor scrapes and scratches drip blood onto your
work. A quick spray of this stuff stops it and
seals it off from dirt It stays on for a few days,
then just sort of disappears as you wash your
hands.

I hate it when you get cut and bleed on the parts - makes them hard to
sell.

I'll look into the "bandage in an spray can", too. I've been using
bandages and tape to do the same. I flipped piece of "downfall" and it left
some nasty little nicks in my fingers. The really nasty part is that
coolant gets in there and stings!

Yesterday was the company health fair. I went to have the blood tests
done (Cholesterol & Glucose), and the gal talking the blood for the
Cholesterol did a good job, and when I mentioned I was next for the Glucose
test she said "Well, go now and you won't have to get stuck again." Bit of
amusement all around, and the Glucose gal said "Ho, looks like you've
enough for everybody's blood test." Me thinks that Cholesterol lady hit a
vein, and not just the usual capillaries. :-) (Oh yeah, and the results
were "good": Cholesterol is 200, but Glucose is 83. "I can live with
that." Going to have to, aren't I?)

tschus
pyotr

--