Clive Summerfield

Default No access to loft space.

"Mike Hibbert" wrote in message
news
Hi all,

The ongoing saga of my new shower! Firstly a BIg thanks that have offered
advice so far, I have some good ideas and feel confident enough to tackle
the job.

To recap, the way I think I will go will be to install a cold ater tank

and
a hot water cylinder and heat the water from the central heating loop.

snip of detailed description

My question is (after all this rambling), assuming there is enough space

up
there, what is the best way forward? I would want a reasonable size cold
water tank, (screwfix do some long shallow ones which are only 19 inches
high), so this would probibit making a nice likket access panel.

My two options are take the ceiling down and then rebuild, this would

leave
no access to the loft space if I needed it again. Or remove part of the

roof
and drop it in.

Both sound fairly big jobs to me!

Any ideas on which is better, shorter or more correct?

Any other thoughts??

How about multiple smaller cold water tanks connected together? That would
give you the storage capacity, but without a requirement for a large access
area. Just a thought.

Cheers
Clive