pedro

Default this is a VIRUS E-mail from Microsoft

"mb" wrote in message ...
"DejaVU" wrote in message
D dwrate@interbaundotc0m scribed in
:

I received an e-mail today from Microsoft. The subject is "Newest
Internet Security Upgrade" It has an attachment that Outlook
Express removed as it was/is an executable called "installation
232.exe" The e-mail certainly looks authentic, so I checked The
Microsoft site and lo and behold there is a section on how to
tell if an e-mail is legitimate. There is an actual example of a
hoax and shocking enough it looks just like the email I
received....

So beware there seems to be something new out there...

it is the product of the SWEN virus, trying to send it self to you
and all the rest of us.

Please, will everyone wake up and ditch Outlook already? Outlook is
the target of allthese things, just about nothing else is vulnerable.
IF we allpull together and stop using Outlook, the virii and worms
will go away. Same with Spam, never reply, never buy, it will go.

swarf, steam and wind

Oh, purleese.
If we all ditched Outlook/Outlook Express and used 'something else', then
the virus writers will just target the 'something else'. If you think that
all the virus writers want to do is to bug Microsoft, I think you're very
much mistaken.

Mike

Don't want to get into the contest on outlook and sorry to post this
on this site, but I am getting the same problem with my yahoo mail,
from what it looks like it coming from microsoft to the tone of 10 to
15 a day, so please inform on how NOT to have this problem. It seems
to be the same problem as posted above, good luck guys.