Richard J Kinch

Default Clausing 8540 Horiz Mill info request

Mike Henry writes:

The manual for my 5840

[8540]

shows a cone lock nut, stepped spacer, single
row ball bearing (with 2 shields) bearing holder and then a cover for
the hydraulic housing. On the other side of the housing (cylinder?),
there is a another single row ball bearing (2 shields again) and a
washer, both of which appear to fit inside the hub on the slidiing
pulley. I don't see any of your 5/8" tubular spacers, but Clausing
may have made revisions to the design over the years. This is for
mills with S/Ns from 80200 to 801282 - is your S/N in that range?

[You mean 800200 to 801282 ?]

Wow, mine is S/N 800254. Is that really old?

I didn't really take it apart. I was just trying to compare it to Gunner's.
Maybe I have all the parts you describe.