Posted to rec.woodworking
dnoyeB

Default Lay out a sine curve?

wrote:
Frank Ketchum wrote:

The plans give a link to the pattern that they used

http://www.uniqueprojects.com/projects/winerack/3b.pdf

Print and attach to the wood!

Frank

D'oh! Must have missed that on the read-through. Boy, is my face red.

However, the question remains--what if I wanted a curve with a
different amplitude or wavelength? This template idea crossed my mind,
but how to generate such a curve? Can Autocad do it? I've just
received a copy of Autocad 2005, but really don't have much clue as to
how to actually use it. I've bought the "for dummies" book, but
haven't sat down and dug in yet.

Sure, most CAD packages can do curve fitting or there not very much
"CAD." I do it in turbocad. However, historically the problem with
Autocad is that its more of a workbench. Its a corporate product and
lots of the nifty features come in add-ons that you also have to pay
for. But this particular feature should be built in. It may not be
tweakable by the parameters you wish to tweak, but it can be done.

At any rate, thanks, Frank.

--
Thank you,