Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default quick treatment for burns was Guess the cause of the accident?

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 12:26:23 GMT, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Okay, so I'm late and catching up, but Gunner
wrote on Sat, 18 Feb 2006 11:20:17 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:09:21 -0500, clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:

Personally, I'll strap up a cut, no problem - but burns I have a lot
of respect for. They can turn nasty pretty quick.ANd crush injuries?
to the doc RIGHT AWAY. Insurance or no insurance.

A burn like that..immediately soak your hand in a glass/bowl of
icewater. ASAP!!!

Keep it soaking for as long as you can stand it

I've seen the "instant ice" packs, pop the inner bag, shake well, apply
to injury and good googly moogly is that cold. (I field tested this after
I hit my thumb stamping a fixture. Despite a solid hit, no bruising. And
I need to replace that pack.)

So, would something like that be effective if you've no ice handy?
(Well, yes, as some cold beats no cold.:-) )

It is interesting the number of tool boxes on the floor with at least a
box of bandages in them. Mine are in the top compartment. Tend to "be in
the way" but, but I know where they are.

tschus
pyotr

Without spending a half hour researching why ice cold water really
works on burns if done Immediately...Ill leave that up to you.

However...I once witnessed a friend of my dads, lean back against the
deep fat fryer in his restuarant..and drive his hand and arm, nearly
up to the elbow, into the fryer. Dad went over the counter and pulled
the now frozen cook out, while screaming at me to fill a plate tray
with icewater and immediately stuck the now screaming dudes arm in.

To make a long story short..there was only a faint fadeing to the
shade of his arm skin tone a week later.

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3