Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS

Default Programmable Thermostat ****ing me off

On 18 Feb 2006 04:19:26 -0800, "Stretch" wrote:

On most programmable thermostats, if you turn it up, that is called
TEMPORARY OVERIDE. It will hold that temperature for 1 HOUR, then
revert to program. Program to 65 degrees during day, then quit playing
with it.

Or, in the case of my White Rogers, turning the temperature up or down
(also known as temporary override) sets the temperature until the next
programmed temperature change. There's no one-hour temperature hold
feature on my thermostat, but there is a HOLD feature, where you can
set the temperature and then tell the thermostat to hold it
indefinitely, until you change the settings again or return it to the
program.