Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Programmable Thermostat ****ing me off

Lionel wrote:
wrote in message

Can they be made to work as a regular thermostat (stay at the temp I
turn it to), or do I need to replace it?

Mark

I had a similar problem until I read the instructions and learned that I
needed to press the HOLD button after setting the temperature. This
effectively suspends the programmer and keeps the current setting active.
Yours may have a similar feature, or you could simply change the program.
Go to www.hunter-thermostats.com, use the "contact us" link and ask where
you can get the instructions.

Don't blame the equipment because it doesn't work the way you would have
designed it. Learn how it's supposed to be used. It worked fine before you
retired because it was programmed to reduce the heat when you were at work
during the day. If this is your biggest post-retirement challenge, you
haven't attempted the Medicare pharmacy program.

Lionel
Retired since 2001, and occupied with putting the house back together from
the exposed studs after Hurricane Ivan - September 16, 2004. Great home
repair experience and training in patience.

On most thermostats, when you manually change the temp, that temp will
be maintained until the next scheduled programmed change, without doing
anything else. If you press hold, it will maintain that temp
indefinitely. Some also have a vacation hold mode, where you can
specify how many days you want the hold to last, which is a feature I
like.