Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Lay out a sine curve?

Morris Dovey wrote:
(in
) said:

Phil...

I use DesignCAD and found that the "curve" (connect-the-dots with a
smooth line) function will provide a close approximation when
sufficiently many points are provided. I ended up writing a macro to
produce a half-cycle cosine curve given the two end points (This gave
me the ability to make smooth transitions between two horizontal
lines, which was what I really wanted.)

If you'd like, I can produce a full-cycle sine/cosine curve and
attempt to export as a dwg or dxf file...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Thanks, Morris, but I think I'll just use the pattern in the plans for
this one. I do appreciate the effort, though. I guess my post was
more in the spirit of knowing how for the next time, rather than having
a "canned" curve to use.

Writing macros, huh? Is that a hard thing to do? I can barely draw a
straight line with Autocad, so I guess macros are not in my immediate
future, but it's good to know that when I get there, there's a utility
that will help me out for the next time.

'Preciate the feedback.

-Phil Crow