Posted to alt.home.repair
Joshua Putnam

Default Programmable Thermostat ****ing me off

In article .com,
says...

And when recently looking for a thermostat, I looked as some manuals
online. I recall reading in one of them a description, that while
confusing, and not making a lot of sense to me, seemed to say if
overidden, it would only hold that temp for a certain period of time or
until the next program change, whichever came first. I moved on to
the next thermo, cause that made no sense to me!

That's what we used to have in the office -- the override setting was
called "temporarily occupied," I assume they figured you'd bump it up
if you were still in the office at 6PM, but then forget to turn it
down when you leave, and didn't really want to heat the place all
night long until the next program change at 8AM.

So you'd bump it up temporarily, and it would revert to the normal
program after an hour. Made a lot of sense for an office with fairly
regular hours most of the time.

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/