Posted to rec.woodworking
Australopithecus scobis

Default Do You Lube It Before U Screw ??

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 19:51:52 -0800, Wood Butcher opined:

This mixture also works just great on my boots instead
of buying the pricey SnowSeal.

There are hobbyists who make their own perfumes, lotions and soaps. The
suppliers for that hobby sell lanolin in jugs. Add some lanolin to your
beeswax boot sealer. You can also use the extra lanolin to soothe your
face after trying unusual methods of shaving. 8-#

You can play around with the solvent mix in your screw-wax tub. I started
with mineral oil, then lightened it up with this and that 'til I got the
consistency I like. Or, stick with the mineral oil and add a few drops of
Ronsonol every few weeks.

Bolts get a taste of propane torch, then get rubbed on the Gulfwax chunk.

--
"Keep your ass behind you"
wreck20051219 at spambob.net